Online Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of communications from a false
employment agency claiming to recruit on behalf of Nuffield Health
in order to attract job applicants from overseas. The operation
then fraudulently acquires from interested applicants payment for
such things as fees, work permits, visas or employment checks. The
scam appears to be principally email-based.
Characteristics of these emails include:
- Non Nuffield Health email address - all emails sent by Nuffield
Health will be from a "email@example.com" address.
- Poor spelling and use of English
- At some stage one or more of the following is requested: money;
an 'affidavit of guarantee'; a scanned copy of passport; bank
- Job titles or positions which make reference to a non-existent
body Nuffield Hospitals Scotland (abbreviated to NHS in some
In order to ensure that all recruitment activity is carried out
by authorised representatives of Nuffield Health, when recruiting
from overseas Nuffield Health will always adhere to the following
- No job offer will be made without first conducting a face to
face interview with the applicant.
- A formal signed offer of employment will be issued in hard copy
from Nuffield Health in England.
Under no circumstances will Nuffield Health request payments
from prospective employees.
If in doubt about any offer of employment, please contact the
Nuffield HR Department in England on 0208 329 6666
If you believe you may have received a fraudulent communication
along these lines please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
We recommend that you do not enter into correspondence with
anyone making unsolicited offers of employment on behalf of
Nuffield Health hospitals or any other part of the Nuffield Health