The Apprenticeship will run for 13 months and be part of a National Apprenticeship Programme. This position is unique to our industry that will enable successful applicants to be working to the highest standards in fitness and wellbeing.
About the Gym
Nuffield Health West Byfleet is a busy fitness and wellbeing centre, that offers a fun and friendly working environment always focusing on our members. This is led by a large fitness team, with a wealth of knowledge and experience, to offer promising candidates the opportunity to develop and grow. We have a diverse range of members and services on offer including, Health assessments, gym inductions, programmes, Personal Training and a large variety of group exercise classes.
The successful applicant will be involved in all aspects of the operation of the club. Person Specification You will have a minimum of a Maths GCSE (or equivalent) grade A-C higher education qualification.
You will complete an intensive level 2 Fitness Instructor qualification at the start (if not already qualified) before completing your level 3 Personal Training apprenticeship You may also have further qualifications to ‘A’ level or equivalent standard only (Candidates with qualifications above 'A' level or equivalent are not eligible to apply).
About the Role
As an Apprentice Wellbeing Personal Trainer you will develop skills that will enable you to deliver Personal Training, Health MOTs, Group Exercise Classes and on-going member exercise programmes. We will give you the opportunity to work and gain fitness experience by getting actively involved in a wide range of health, fitness and wellbeing activities
- Create a positive rapport and meaningful relationships at every opportunity
- Deliver Group Exercise classes
- Ensure all members are exercising safely by providing exercise correction and advice where necessary
- Deliver great customer service and engaging with customers in every area of the centre
- Work as a lifeguard and support the team to ensure that the facilities are clean and well maintained
- Generate, book and deliver individual programming.
- In time this will include Health MOT assessments; gym inductions and programme updates.
- Promote classes to ensure good attendance and raise the awareness of other services such as physiotherapy, nutrition and GP health assessments
- Help us to take fitness and wellbeing in an exciting new direction as we provide a variety of services from health, exercise and nutrition to stress and sleep management.
You will have to undertake a DBS check for this role.