A great opportunity for an experienced Engineer in sterile services to join our high performing team as a Decontamination Engineering Team Lead at our Papworth Everard site near Cambridge.
We are looking for someone who has experience in maintaining/servicing and testing of Sterilisers, Washer disinfectors & Endoscope machinery. You will require good communication skills, with the ability to prioritise make decisions and have a good understanding of IT.
- To be responsible for all on site, engineering plant, systems, maintenance and building fabric, including grounds, ensuring location compliance with all relevant standards and legislation.
- Fully accountable for the management of the maintenance area
- Manage, Lead, develop and recruit your team
- Responsible for the selection and ordering of equipment and supplies
- Preparation of budgets to support the plant, systems and service function, accountability for achieving budget, accurate and timely provision of all management information required
- Business planning and development for the area and input into wider business planning, improvement and development as and when required
- Ensure all audits/reviews of the area and its performance are undertaken and action is taken to address any issues raised
- Ensure the implementation of and compliance with all relevant legislation, standards and organisational policies and procedures within the maintenance area
- Facilitate and run effective team meetings, ensuring attendance and consistency
- Manage, co-ordinate and implement planned preventative maintenance programme in area of responsibility.
- Build a culture where matters are escalated appropriately, especially where there could be impact on the operation and smooth running of the site.
- To monitor the activities and performance of outside contractors and manage any issues
- Liaise with local statutory authorities to ensure compliance with current standards
- Ensure full and accurate records are kept in line with specified requirements
- Provide technical support and advice to users within area of responsibility.
- Regularly calibrate equipment to ensure it is fit for use
- Review, develop, update and implement policies and procedures within area of responsibility
- To provide support for colleagues at other sites across the group when required
- To participate in a 1 in 2 365 days a year emergency on-call service
- To obtain and evaluate quotes for contract work and award contracts as appropriate
- To be responsible for legionella monitoring within the site
In return, we offer a working environment that will help you grow your skills and experience and get the best out of life. Other benefits include 25 days’ annual holiday (increasing with service), gym membership, private healthcare and a range of lifestyle and financial wellbeing benefits.
Be your best and join us in building a healthier nation.
Salary - £40,000 - £48,000 per annum (plus On-Call at 10% and company car.)
Location - Cambridge (Papworth Everard)
Contract Type – Permanent
Weekly Hours - 37.5
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore, please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.