Nuffield Health at St Bartholomew’s – Endoscopy Lead
Nuffield Health is the UK’s largest healthcare charity. Our family of 31 award winning hospitals, 12 fitness and wellbeing clubs, healthcare clinics and over 160 onsite workplace wellbeing services are united in our purpose to build a healthier nation.
In late 2021, we’ll open the doors to Nuffield Health at St Bartholomew’s Hospital: The City of London’s only independent hospital, situated next to St Bartholomew’s NHS hospital, Nuffield Health at St Barts will be our flagship centre for cardiac & cancer services and will also provide a full range of surgical and medical services, including: orthopaedics, oncology, general surgery, gynaecology and urology surgery.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Endoscopy Lead to join our brand-new team in London. Operationally responsible for the Endoscopy & Minor Ops services within the Outpatients day ward you’ll enjoy the chance to make a real difference with Nuffield Health.
The new hospital will consist of:
- 48 inpatient and day case bedrooms
- 28 consultation rooms
- Three digital operating theatres
- Cardiac catheterisation lab
- Specialist intensive care beds
- Oncology day unit
- Endoscopy and minor ops theatre
- Full diagnostic imaging suite including MRI, CT, ultrasound, mammography and general X-ray
- We’ll expect you to actively contribute to service development, policies and strategies, and identify opportunities during the build phase and also prepare the hospital to open in 2021.
- Once the hospital is operational, you will support individuals and teams to deliver high quality, clinically effective patient care through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Together with the Hospital Matron & Theatre Manager, you will be responsible for leading the day to day management of Endoscopy unit.
- Along the way, you'll build strong relationships with consultants, hospital senior leaders, a wide range of healthcare professionals and, of course, patients. Working collaboratively alongside the consultants, you’ll ensure patients benefit from the best possible treatment and care.
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council or HCPC your specialist training should ideally include a postgraduate qualification.
- You will have an extensive experience of managing endoscopy patients, particularly in JAG accredited environments.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the Global Rating Scale and JAG accreditation is essential alongside evidence of endoscopy competency through the JETS Workforce program
- You will have a minimum of 3 years’ senior experience working in a similar setting.
- Ideally, you’ll have a qualification in teaching, together with some mentoring experience.
- You must have clinical assessment skills; a physical examination course would be desirable.
- You’ll be accountable for leading, motivating, educating and supervising the nursing team.
- Professional management experience is essential, as you’ll need to be equipped for business planning and development, audits and clinical governance, infection prevention, health and safety, and risk analysis.
We want you to be the best you can be, so we promise to support you with training, career development and our unique health and wellbeing focused benefits package. This includes free membership of your local Nuffield Health Fitness and Wellbeing Club, 25 days annual leave, an annual health assessment, as well as a range of lifestyle and financial wellbeing benefits.
Please remember to inform your line manager if making an internal application.
Salary - Competitive
Closing date - 01/10/2020
Planned start date - 01/03/2021